Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stories and photos =)

Our kiddo's are growing so fast! Rachel got a Melissa & Doug easel from Papa and Nana in December and she loves it! I took some pictures of her out on the back porch having a blast painting. Josiah is so interested in what his sister is doing. He can sit and be content for a long time just watching her play.

I have to share a cute/funny story that happened the other day. Josiah was sitting in his high chair and was getting fussy, we had just finished dinner. Rachel got down from her chair and went to Josiah, without warning she grabbed his hand and lifted it in the air. She said "let's pray, siah' " and she commenced to say "oooooh Jesus........ooooooooh Jesus....iiiiin Jesus Name....siah' needs Holy Ghost.....oooooh Jesus", it was so cute and funny that I started to chuckle while Robert was beginning to feel the spirit I guess, because he started praying with Rachel, saying " Lord, give Rachel the Holy Ghost at a young age too, in Jesus Name". The look on Josiah's face was such a baffled one........then he broke into a smile and started laughing. Rachel dropped his hand and lifted her paper napkin that she'd been holding to wipe her "tears" and said "better Josiah?"....I suppose he was better because he had forgotten all about his fussiness and was content for a while longer in his high chair =)

Now, everyday at work I go into a private lactation room to pump and lately it has become a wonderful time for me because...It's a wonderful PRAYER ROOM! Yep, I started thinking about a month ago that it is a perfect time to pray and it gets me through the rest of the day having to deal with all of the stress of life. So now I pray everyday (as I pump, lol) specifically for the children the Lord has blessed me with, that they will get the Holy Ghost and be tender towards the things of God at a young age so that they will have a good foundation to build on the rest of their life, IN JESUS NAME! (stompin' on the devil!)

Josiah is watching his sissy' play church

Yay! He smiled for the camera!


Rachel is concentrating on her painting










1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is such an awesome story about Rachel praying for Josiah. I really believe that these tender years are so important to their spiritual upbringing because they do have that "child's heart" that "fully trusts in what they hear" as Pastor said one time. We were backslid when Kate and Ty were that age, so we didn't see the "playing church" etc that we see in Jason and Justin now. And I can so see the difference; Jason was praying in the altar Sunday Morning for the Holy Ghost! Seriously praying! It was awesome. He wants the Holy Ghost so bad so that he can get baptized. Just love these stories!

    And I love that you are praying while pumping! So often we get so busy and tired that we think "I have no time to pray!" Good for you for redeeming the time and putting it to good use!

    :):):)

    ReplyDelete