Thursday, January 5, 2012

December Vacation Day 2

We left Anaheim the day after Christmas and headed for Santa Maria. Unfortunately we landed right in the middle of traffic on the freeway and it ended up taking a lot longer than expected. On our way, we stopped at the Ronald Reagan Library/Museum and had a blast looking at everything and touring the retired Air Force One! I absolutely love history and so this place was definately a wonderful place in my opinion.
Don't even try to answer the question in the picture below...you might just get overwhelmed with "irritating" thoughts, lol: This was a helicoptor that was used to provide protection for President's flying on Air Force One:


The Air Force One:



I have no idea why Robert made this pose for the picture below...kinda reminds me of some penguin strutting...lol:



Rachel was trying to hold President Reagan's hand:



A full scale replica of the oval office:


My sister was giving a speech...poor thing managed to enjoy herself even though she had just had surgery on her shoulder the previous week:




In traffic...




The Library sits on top of a hill above Simi Valley. The coastal views were amazing and the sunset over Reagans memorial site was beautiful...of course I caught none of it on camera because of running out of time. We were at the Library for over a hour and a half and were unable to finish the whole tour. There was just so much to see, including a piece of the Berlin Wall! I'd have to say that the most interesting quote that I read while there was when Reagan said "I have not left the Democratic Party, they have left me". I find it so interesting that when someone wants to stick to their conservative standard, others try to say that they are "leaving them" or "isolating themselves" when in reality that is usually not the case. Thank God for those who actually stand for what they believe.


We reached our destination late that night after leaving the library and checked into a quite hotel. More about our adventure later!
















No comments:

Post a Comment