Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mama's day in Texas

Life has been so busy! In a good way though :)

For mother's day weekend I had requested that I go see my mama. I haven't spent a mothers day with her since moving to Arizona (6 years)! So we decided to make it a surprise trip and didn't tell her we were coming. We actually drove into Amarillo, TX where she was spending her day shopping. I communicated with my dad via text to find out what store they were at when we got into town. Then, it was perfect, she was inside the store when we got there, so we stood outside next to the front door of the store. When she came out, I stepped towards the door and said "excuse me ma'am...", I didn't even get to finish my sentence, she was in shock!!!! It was great :) It was a great weekend, lots of fun, but we're glad to be back home. It's funny, I always look forward to traveling but am so happy when I'm back home in my own "castle".

Here are some pics from the weekend-

                               Rachel and I singing a special song at church service Sunday:
                     Rachel, Josiah, and their cousin Jaxon hangin' out at Papa and Nana's house:
                                                                         All smiles :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment